In Pictures: Introduction to My Figure Collecting

7:13 AM

Aside from cosplay, 2012 was the year when my boyfriend and I started collecting figures from various animes, games, and series.  We just started by buying small figures from anime and cosplay conventions that were worth between P200 to P500, but we never knew our collection would grow bigger in just a span of one year---especially when we were introduced to bigger scale figures, Figma, Nendroids and the like.  I will be telling more about our figures in future posts and how it really started.  For now, I just want to introduce our figure collecting in pictures and what we are really into now (aside from cosplay). 

Here are pictures of some of my first figures before going into those bigger and a bit expensive ones. Most of the figures here were bought in conventions that are just found in big plastic tupperwares, while the others were bought in anime stores in Greenhills. Just like my boyfriend, I love figures from old-school animes such as Neon Genesis Evangelion, Dragonball, Yu-gi-oh, Final Fantasy VIII, Yu Yu Hakusho and more. The only figures new here are Bleach, though they were shown years before. 

Eva 001 - Neon Genesis Evangelion

Chibi Isis Ishtar - Yu-gi-oh

Future Trunks - Dragonball Z

Irvine - Final Fantasy VIII

Super Saiyan Trunks Figures - Dragonball Z

Bleach Figures

Kurama (Wolf Version) - Yu Yu Hakusho

Yu Yu Hakusho figures 


Cagalli and Athrun figures - Gundam Seed

Then around the latter of 2012, we started to buy figures from recent animes that we watched---specifically Fate/Zero and Fate Stay Night.  I especially loved Fate/Zero and have an OTP there (official true pairing): Kiritsugu Emiya and Irisviel von Einzbern. So when I found out Japan was coming out with Figmas of these characters, I immediately ordered them.  It was also at this time that we found out about Figmas, Nendroids, Scale Figures and the like that are a bit expensive and will be our targets for this year.

It was also with these figurines that I started to have an interest in figure photography and post processing---which are shown below.  I still have some improvements to do, but I love how the pictures turned out :) 

Chibi Kyun Illya von Einzbern - Fate/Zero

One of my favorite shots and my OTP! :)
Figma Kiritsugu Emiya and Figma Irisviel von Einzbern

Fate/Zero

Figma Kiritsugu Emiya and Figma Irisviel von Einzbern 
Fate/Zero


Indeed, 2012 was a great year for my and my bf in terms of collecting figures.  We hope to grow our collection more this year but will limit it to old school series and Fate series. All in all, I am very happy with my collection :3

You can check some of my figure photographs in Pinterest and Tumblr. Will also post some of these pictures in Hainirhi's Discoveries FB Page. :)


~hainrihi

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

My Blog List