Personal | Life Lately and New Year Post

10:01 PM

For the past months, I’ve been finding my jive and creative inspiration. In case you didn’t notice, I haven’t written anything personal or related to my niche and most of my entries are press releases (which I’m really disappointed at). This started in September when I got sick due to Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) and everything went downhill from there. I was stuck in a creative rut, I didn’t have any inspiration or motivation to write, I stopped journaling, I didn’t think of doing any arts and crafts projects, and I hated going to work.  

After I got well, I still didn’t have any motivation to do anything. I felt like a robot: waking up, going to work, going home, social media, laptop, sleep. Repeat that every day for five times a week. On weekends, it’s either we go out or I just want to sleep. So I didn’t do anything out of the routine and, to be honest, I really, really missed it. :(


For the past months, I’ve been trying to get out of the creative rut by reading books, watching inspirational videos, journaling, and talking to friends. I’ve been through a lot emotionally, physically, and mentally. I’m grateful for the people who have helped me directly and indirectly. Even as simple as seeing an inspirational tweet or quote was enough to make me perk up and realize that I have a lot to look forward to.

I may not have written any birthday, personal, geeky, and even Christmas posts. But it’s okay because I felt I was taking a break from it all. From the pressures, the drama, the emotional roller coaster, the life of an employee, and everything that an adult experience. What I did was read a simple book, take a vacation out of town, attend my best friend’s wedding, relax with friends, watch TV series and movies, and---just breathe.

It took awhile but, as I look back, I’m okay now than before. I still think I’m in a creative rut. But I’m slowly starting to be motivated in doing anything I want. Right now, I’m excited for 2018 to come, so I can try new things and start a new journey and reach for my dreams. I realized that there’s no need to hurry, as long as I enjoy everything that I do without getting too stressed haha.


Being a creative person is hard because I just want to keep on going and going in doing the things I love. But never fret. For those who are experiencing a creative rut, I suggest that you breathe, explore, and get out more often. Don’t be scared to get out of the house or office. You can just walk alone while observing your surroundings. Pet the neighborhood dogs or office cats. Read books. Draw anything you want every day or every other day. It’s all up to you. The important thing is to not get stressed and not be in a hurry. Before you know it, you’re slowly getting out of that rut and doing creative stuff again.

To my readers and followers, thank you for being there with me this 2017. I know you’re not a lot, but I truly appreciate all of you. Every time I do future blog posts, I always think what you want to read. I’m sorry I haven’t done that recently, but will do my best to do so in 2018.


Goodbye 2017, hello 2018! Happy New Year to everyone. Cheers to a wonderful and fulfilling 2018!



~Hainrihi

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

My Blog List