Looking Forward: Goodbye 2013, Hello 2014!

7:24 AM

It’s already the 3rd day of 2014---that was fast. 2013 was a roller coaster for me in many aspects but I am looking forward to 2014. Not only do I leave the 20’s, but I plan to really organize things in my life.  2013 is where I struggled and not know my real path. This was also the time when productivity was a struggle and I had to keep track of stuff I have a hard time finishing. Anyhow, I’d like to take this opportunity to reflect and list down the aspects of both 2013 and 2014 and what I have to say. This will help me keep track of my goals this year and know what else I have to improve.



A. Relationships

1. Family 

This may be one of the relationships that I had a strain with last 2013. If I can describe it well, it’s like a couple having an on-and-off relationship.  I think I had more dramas with my family than with my boyfriend. Aspects such as rebellion, schooling, questioning and other drama you can think of were very present.  But despite that, I still love them to bits. And even though one of them is still mad at me, I still love that someone and will never disown no matter what. 



For 2014, I hope some cracks in my family will be okay and less drama will occur. As told previously, I still love them, but I wish drama will be lessened and instead they just remember to be together and have good times.


On the bright side, 2013 was the year when a new addition was welcomed into the world: my niece from my older sister, Gabrielle.



2. Friends 


2013 was also the time when friends had drama over things, but this made me realize who my true friends are. I am also thankful for having them in my life and will cherish them forever. 

My Cosplay Barkada: One thing I am thankful for this 2013 is my Cosplay Barkada. This group is one of the main reasons why Marc and I love cosplaying. We don't just bond about cosplay, but we also bond about various things---even those outside of cosplay. It is very rare for a cosplay group to have a strong bond outside of the hobby and I am thankful that we have this bond. It makes me cherish them more. Thanks for the happiness, kulitan, kasabawan, bonding, kwentuhan and many more that you gave us this year.


Gatherings/Get Togethers with Friends I don't see much. 2013 is the year when I had get-togethers and gatherings with friends I rarely see or don't see much. Like when 2 of your HS barkada comes home from another country. Or when someone's daughter celebrates her 1st birthday and served as a mini reunion for college classmates/batchmates. Or co-workers that you always talk to online but never in person. Or when a friend will leave the country to be with her husband in the US. I will cherish these people a lot and have made my 2013 so memorable. We may not see each other quite often, but they will always remain in my heart.



Here’s to more friendships and bondings in 2014!

3. Marc and I 



A relationship is never without any drama and fights and it is with these aspects that we learn to make the relationship last forever.


Yes we argued and disagreed in the past despite being a couple for long, but it doesn’t mean our relationship is getting weaker.  In fact, we have made it stronger than before and I am very thankful for having a patient, loving and caring boyfriend who is my best friend, my shoulder to cry on, my gamer, my gamer teacher, my figurine collector partner, my cosplay partner, my Kiritsugu to my Irisiviel, my Jim Raynor to my Sarah Kerrigan, my partner-in-crime, my better half.


I am happy to spend the past years with him and excited to spend 2014 and the next years with him too.


B. Hobbies

2013 is the year where I really spent a lot of time, money, energy and effort on my two hobbies: Figurine collecting and Cosplay.

This is the year when I have spent a lot in figurine collecting, especially on my favorite characters such as Kiritsugu, Irisviel, Kaworu and Yugioh characters. I also spent on other characters, but that is about to change for 2014.

I made a figurine collecting resolution that I will only be collecting old school favorite anime characters such as Kaworu from Neon Genesis Evangelion, Kurama from YuYu Hakusho, Yugioh characters to name a few. Plus, I will only collect figures for my figure shrines, such as Kiritsugu, Irisviel, Illya, Kaworu, and new favorite characters. No more other “singit” and just concentrate on those. In this way, at least I am focused.




For cosplay, surprisingly, I only did 6 cosplays for 2013---fewer than 2012, which is 10.  Cosplayed 3 girls and 3 boys hahaha XD. 




For 2014 though, I plan to push most of my favorite bad-ass female characters (game, anime, western) starting with a lovable teacher/alchemist master in Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. Guess who it is?



I made a list of my main ones, but I won’t be sharing it for now since I still have that belief of not sharing my future cosplans for fear I might not do them well. But I will keep my promise of cosplaying more bad-ass female characters and less on men (I only have 2 crossplay plans for this year).

I am also very excited to learn new tips and tricks in cosplay, especially on make-up, wig styling and cosplay prop making. 



I am very excited for cosplay in 2014. J


C. Work

I just can’t describe in words how much work was a struggle for me last 2013. And when I mean struggle, it means having a hard time in productivity, time management, lazziness and writing.

As most know, writing is not very easy and it’s harder than it looks when you do it for a living. Sometimes, you lose focus, will and energy to write because it’s either you lose the initiative or everything you write is routinal/repetitive. It’s no wonder why sometimes I love to blog more and go to freelance writing rather than work.  



But of course, I try my very best to re-focus and bring back my drive in writing at work. I make sure my drive to blog is the same as writing at work. It’s still a work-in-progress, but it is improving compared to the start of 2013. I hope to improve more this year and be more productive and organized.


I am also experiencing a sort of a development in terms of work where I have to make a big decision if everything turns out well. But I’ll talk more about that in my other blog. I’ll just leave it at that J


E. Blogging

Compared to previous years, 2013 is the best year in the blogging department. While I started this blog in 2010, it was only last 2013 that I concentrated and gave it the following: specific niches, a layout, a focus, more valuable content, more interaction and more open to various people. Finally, I can write things I really want to write and, at the same time, inform people of my discoveries. That is actually the keyword of this blog: DISCOVER.


As said here, I am a late bloomer in the aspects of anime, cosplay, beauty, events, makeup, shopping and lifestyle. I’d like to explore those in the point-of-view of a late bloomer and tell people that it is never too late to discover things that would benefit me and other people. Hainrihi’s Discoveries is my new baby last 2013 and I will continue to take care and develop it in 2014 and in the next years.

And of course, I have you readers to thank for its development last year, even if it’s just small. Expect more informative content and discoveries this 2014. 




F. Myself


Last, but not the least, is about myself. And I mean everything about myself, such as my health, lifestyle, attitude, reflections and more. 



2013 was the year that, well, my health was not in good condition. I am not saying super serious, but rather, I got sick more than usual. It is my fault though because I have the habit of not eating three times a day. I’m very moody when it comes to eating, like I would rather sleep or work than eat.  So I got sick like fevers, colds, cough, sore eyes, skin asthma, ear infections and a bit more. Le bf tells me I get these because: 


1) I don’t eat more, and I need to eat a lot because I’m thin.

2) I don’t exercise a lot since I work at home and I AM ALWAYS at home.
3) I just sleep, sit, work and sleep again. No other strenous activities.
4) I lack sunshine in my life.

As much as I hate to admit it, well, he is right. So hopefully, for 2014, I can improve on my health and make sure to be healthy as much as possible. 



Another thing that sucked about myself last 2013 is saving. I had a hard time saving and don’t know how to really budget back then. By the end of 2013 though, I had some things figured out and somehow know what to do to save. I even got a strategy to save, but I’ll see if I can do it until the end of 2014. Hopefully, everything will turn out fine and I can save more this year than last year.


So these are the things that I reflected last 2013 and want to improve for the year 2014. I will go back to this blog post once in awhile to remind me of my sort of resolutions for 2014 and to tell me what to do when I am starting to stray from my goals.

I am officially saying goodbye to 2013 yet thankful for it. And hello to 2014 and looking forward to new adventures and experiences! J



Belated Happy New Year, everyone! :D 







~Hainrihi

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

My Blog List