Anime News | Shingeki no Kyojin Live-Action Ad Commercial + Live-Action Film

2:34 AM

While anime fans love animes so much, it can’t be helped that they want to see live-action versions of their favorite animes---as long as they are made by a Japanese production crew. One example would be Rurouni Kenshin, where the first live-action film was such a big hit because it was done really well and stayed true to the concept of the original series. Two more live action films of Rurouni Kenshin will be shown this year, but I’ll talk about that in my next blog post. :)

For now, I am very excited to find out that Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) will be getting a live-action film that will premiere in 2015, according to the official website. The live-action film will be directed by 48-year-old Shinji Higuchi and will be based on the anime and manga series created by Hajime Isayama. 



For those who are not familiar, Shingeki no Kyojin is set in a fictional world where the remaining human population live inside cities surrounded by giant walls because of the sudden appearance of gigantic humanoids known as Titans. These Titans eat and devour humans without any reason. The series centers on three best friends: Eren Jaeger, Mikasa Ackerman and Armin Arlert.  Their lives are changed forever when the appearance of the Colossal Titan destroys their cities and homes and brings about their mother’s death. Althroughout the series, they find out the mysteries and secrets of Titans and how they will deal with them.


And in line with promoting the film, a Shingeki no Kyojin live-action ad commercial debuted last January 23, 2014 that features the Subaru Forester. The first photograph of the ad before it came out featured a female titan smashing a mountain and another titan running, both catching the moving Subaru Forester.


Aside from the film, Higuchi also worked on the commercial and it looks it is a preview on how he will do the film. In the behind-the-scenes photos, you will see what I am talking about: 







They actually used models for the female titan and running titan and put makeup and prosthetics on them---which took more than four hours. Talk about dedication! For the Colossal Titan, they “filmed a model of a colossal Titan's upper body. The model was about two meters (about six feet) tall and required seven people to operate”. 

But enough with that, I want to show you the commercial:



After seeing the commercial, I was really amazed and impressed by it! I also became excited because it is like I am looking at the sneak peek of the upcoming live-action film! :D 

The film has yet to begin on the principal photography and the staff has not decided whether the Titans used in the commercial will be used in the film.  But Higuchi is greatful in making the commercial because it is a “welcome opportunity” for him “to create a preview of what is to come”.

In truth, I am super excited for the Shingeki no Kyojin live-action film because I am a big fan of the anime and manga series! I love the story, the concept, the characters and even the animation. I would truly recommend Shingeki no Kyojin to all you readers---especially the anime and manga fans out there.  It’s good to read the manga AND watch the anime. If you can’t find a copy of Shingeki no Kyojin, I can give you a link. Just email me or message me in my FB page.


(source: Anime News Network)



~Hainrihi

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Wow! This is great! I love animes yet I also want to watch it in live action film. In the anime you shared they really do a great job :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Blog List