Winter Wonder Festival 2014 | My Wishlist

6:06 AM

For avid figure collectors out there, one of the most anticipated (and dreaded) figure events at the start of 2014 is Winter Wonder Festival or Winter WonFes. For those not familiar, Winter WonFes is a bi-annual event held in Makuharu Messe in Chiba, Japan. It is a figure event where “garage kits” are displayed and sold as artists replicate anime and game characters. This is also an event for various figure manufacturers to sell and display their future releases. In other words, this event is sort of “heaven” and “hell” for avid figure collectors.


“Heaven” because you see extremely detail-oriented figures that were made very, very well and will leave figure collectors impressed and at awe. “Hell” though because this is the time when wallets are “burned” because those being sold AND displayed are future releases of major figure manufacturers. 

In our figure collecting group, most are already “mourning” for their wallets as they are either on life support or dead XD No kidding! Those are the terms we use to describe our situations now because A LOT OF NEW FIGURES WERE DISPLAYED IN THE EVENT---all future releases! My fellow figure collector wedylawliet even drew the situation of her wallet now: 


Source: Wedy Was Here


For now my wallet is a bit safer than hers, but it’s still in danger. Hopefully, it won’t die on me XD And just like her, I have a Winter Wonder Festival 2014 Wishlist where I focus on my priorities: old school animes, my major shrines and my favorite characters.

So without further ado, here is my Winter WonFes 2014 Wishlist:


Vertex Neon Genesis Evangelion 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo Shinji Ikari and Kaworu Nagisa

The number one on my wishlist AND the biggest hit on me and my wallet is the Vertex Neon Genesis Evangelion 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo Shinji Ikari and Kaworu Nagisa.

Source: My Figure Collection

Before the event, I thought I was safe because I thought I won’t be seeing any big figure(s) that I want. But I was wrong! This is one figure I really, really want to get! :p




All Pictures: My Figure Collection - Shinji Ikari

The pictures you see is the figure in its prototype form (meaning it’s not yet painted and not final), but it’s already enough for me to get really, really excited! I want to get hold of this figure because:

(1) I am big Neon Genesis Evangelion fan.
(2) I super love Kaworu Nagisa and he is one of my major figure shrines; and
(3) I am a super, duper, big fan of the Kaworu Nagisa x Shinji Ikari pairing. Seeing this figure made me melt and scream out of happiness. I don’t know if you will get why I love the pairing but for Evangelion fans out there, I’m pretty sure you will get it. I don’t want to go into further details lest I make a lot of people uncomfortable XD


Good Smile Company Nendoroid Sakura Kinomoto and Kero-chan from “Card Captor Sakura”


As I said above, I am focusing on old school anime figures and this is one of them. “Card Captor Sakura” is one of my favorite old school animes and it’s one of those where I love the leading lady---and that’s Sakura Kinomoto. 

Shown above is the chibi/nendoroid version of Sakura with her guardian Kero-chan aka Keroberos. I love how the design and sculpting was made and she looks so cute. Adding Kero-chan is perfect because it is one of the reasons why I want to get this figure. Just look at the whole figure; isn’t it cute and adorable? :3 The picture itself even shows her major accessories: the Clow Card and Sealing Wand. Such cuteness indeed! :D



Mas Factory Figma Major Motoko Kusanagi from “Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (S.A.C)”

Source: My Figure Collection - Motoko Kusanagi

I’m pretty sure otaku fans know  “Ghost in the Shell: Stand Along Complex”.  But since I am late at watching past animes, I am just watching it now---starting with Season 1. 


Anyway, Max Factory already presented a Figma Motoko Kusanagi in the event and if you love the Major, this is a must-have. As far as I know, it’s hard to get some Motoko Kusanagi figures and if you find one, it’s already super expensive. That’s why having this Figma figure makes me and my boyfriend happy. And since it is an articulated figure, she is movable, flexible and will most likely have various accessories and faceplates.


Source: My Figure Collection - Motoko Kusanagi

Such a bad-ass female anime character! Would love to have this, especially when I finish watching the series :D

-----------------------

So far, the three mentioned above are my major figures in the Winter Wonder Festival 2014 wishlist and would definitely get once pre-orders are open. 


The two below though are not my priority figures but might consider getting them.



Sentinel Brave Act Erwin Smith and Hanjie Zoe from “Shingeki no Kyojin”

Source: Onegai-Oniichan Figure Shop


As much as Erwin and Hanjie are some of my favorite characters in Shingeki no Kyojin (together with Levi), I am having qualms of getting these because Sentinel figures are very expensive.



The two Sentinel Levi figures cost ¥8000 each (which is equal to P5000+), so I’m sure Erwin and Hanji will be expensive too. I would rather buy my priority figures first (like the Kaworu x Shinji above) than them.



Megahouse Free! Glass Holders from “Free!”


Source: Onegai-Oniichan Figure Shop

They are just so cute. ‘Nuff said.

-------------------------


So those are the figures in my WonFes 2014 wishlist. My wallet is still holding on and I think it doesn’t hate me as of the moment. Hopefully, it stays that way XD


How about you? As an avid figure collector, did the Winter Wonder Festival 2014 marked a damage on your wallet? X’D


~Hainrihi

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

My Blog List