[CANCELLED] Pop Culture News | Hayley Atwell (Peggy Carter) is Coming to APCC Manila 2016! (UPDATED: CANCELLED)

11:33 PM

June 16, 2016, Thursday

UPDATE: APCC has announced that the arrival of Hayley Atwell for the event has been cancelled due to filming schedule conflicts of her new TV series "Conviction". This is very sad news indeed. They have new guests and you can see it on their FB page. Below is their announcement of the cancellation:




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pop culture fans, the long wait is over! Asia POP Comicon Manila has announced their first Hollywood headliner for this year. And it is none other than the beautiful, HAYLEY ATWELL aka Agent Peggy Carter.






Atwell is known for portraying Captain America’s love interest Peggy Carter in “Captain America: The First Avenger”. After that movie, Peggy became a fan favorite---which led to Atwell having her own ABC show entitled, “Agent Carter”. Throughout its run, Agent Carter was so well-loved by the fans that a lot of girls/women looked up to her. I was one of those women. :)




Even after the show was cancelled, Atwell still gained many fans. Agent Carter is one of my girl crushes/idols because she is independent, strong, fierce, and badass. She secretly fights bad guys, while maintaining a normal life of a single woman in 1940s America.

I was already impressed with the character and the actress in the “First Avenger”, but I loved Atwell more when she got her own TV show. She is one of my role models because she did really well in portraying one of the strongest female characters on TV. I wish to meet her and it looks like that is coming true! :D

Even before APCC revealed that Hayley Atwell is guest number one, I already knew it was her because of this silhouette:
I think it was a bit obvious, right? :))))
When the news came out last night, I WAS REALLY, REALLY VERY HAPPY BECAUSE FINALLY, I WILL BE ABLE TO MEET ONE OF MY ROLE MODELS. I think my reaction in Facebook says it all hahahaha XD

Asia POP Comicon Manila 2016 will be held from August 26 to 28, 2016 at the SMX Convention Center in Pasay City. So, I have two months to prepare for my Peggy Carter cosplay AND to save up for the photograph session. Yes, the price for the session will be a bit pricey. But I know it will be worth it once I meet and take a photo with Hayley Atwell.  
Last year, APCC brought Colton Haynes from Arrow, Nathalie Emmanuel from Game of Thrones, and Paul Bettany from The Avengers. Almost everyone who attended the APCC 2015 agreed that they leveled up the pop culture convention scene in the Philippines. Even if they had some flaws, APCC left a mark here by bringing some of the well-known pop culture icons.  
I am so excited for this year’s APCC Manila! Not only is Hayley Atwell coming here, but they will also be announcing more guests  in the next weeks. This is just guest number one! What more for the next Hollywood headliners?!
This is me now:
The ticket prices for APCC 2016 was announced last July 17, as well as the prices for the photograph and autograph sessions of Hayley Atwell. Below are the details:



Time to save up! :D

For more event news and updates, please visit www.asiapopcomiccon.com/manila and their official Facebook Page www.facebook.com/apccmanila.
Are you excited for Hayley Atwell coming to Manila in this year’s APCC? Let me know by leaving a comment below. You can also talk to me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
~ Hainrihi

You Might Also Like

28 comments

  1. Ok don't know why my comment disappeared. Anyway, I've been re-watching "TFA" so my poor DVD skips now but so glad they found Atwell. Hope she comes back to Asiapopcomic next year (maybe too soon). Can't do anything with my Aug plans not reaching a compromise. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she was one of the best characters in TFA. I love Atwell there and still do. LOL, yes I hope she comes back again. I'll create a blog post for that na lang hehe :)

      Delete
  2. I wanna see her! I'm not much into the Comicon scene, but I might just convert because of her hahaha

    -Matt Angeles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't be surprised, Hayley Atwell is such a great woman and actress :D And this is great event. If you can, attend :D

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of her :) But I'm not good at keeping up with TV and movies! I'm not big into the Comicon scene, but I know a lot of people who are, so I'm sure I'll hear more about her in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, if you are familiar with the Marvel movies and TV, she is part of that :D

      Delete
  4. Agent Carter is definitely my type of leading lady. It still feels sad though, that her date with Captain America didn't happen. I wonder if there's a fanfic for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh there are a LOT of fanfics on that. People can write anything about that, so I'm sure you'll find at least hehehe :D Good luck! :D

      Delete
  5. Ok, I have to be honest, I don't know her real name and haven't watched her shows. But when I looked at her, I was like, "I saw this girl already!" Then I remember seeing her from Captain America First Avenger! She's beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah yes, she is the beautiful leading lady there. And she got her own TV shows, though it was cancelled after two seasons. But at least, she is coming here! :D

      Delete
  6. Beautiful creature! Is Comicon a big thing now in our Country? I would love to check out this event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is sort of a big thing now. Pop culture conventions are bringing in international celebrities in our country---something that APCC started. :D Check this event out on August :D

      Delete
  7. Oh my, I miss going to comic cons, huhu. Talk about seeing talented actors and actresses of big movies & television.. One day they will bring Chris Evans here. *Praying hardest.. Hahahaha. Anyway, I've always dreamed of cosplaying too.. I even bought some wigs. Haha.
    MicaThere's More to Mica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope they bring Chris Evans, OMG! Try cosplaying na rin! Best if you cosplay your favorite character :D IF you need help in cosplaying, let me know and I can help you :D

      Delete
  8. Hahaha, I'm not a fan, but I found this post and your enthusiasm very contagious. Happy that you're finally going to meet your idol.. Post pictures of your costume. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thank you! And yes, will post pictures of my costume :D

      Delete
  9. It's such a good thing I read this post. It reminded me of Comic con stuff that I needed to take care of. My family and I are going since my son is such a huge Pokemon fan and my sister actually loves anime. I personally only know SailorMoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I hope to see you there. Save up for the tickets and the merchandise :D Have fun! :D

      Delete
  10. Haven't attended the Comicon yet but it seems that this event great. You are so much excited with it and it is shouting on this post of yours. Hope Comicon is not as pricey as Toycon so that I can try this one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last year, the ticket was P500, but it is understandable because they brought a lot of international guests here. In fact, APCC ticket prices here in Manila is cheaper than the San Diego Comic Con or other cons in different countries. Plus, it will be worth it. :D

      Delete
  11. I may not know her but I can feel your excitement as I am a fangirl as well, a KPOP fan for the record. I also enjoy watching concerts, variety shows, Kseries, and everything related to KPOP or Korean culture. I hope you really enjoy that event.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you're too cute! Sobrang fan mo :) I love Agent Carter, too! I guess we all have those characters we really look up to. And that they really inspire us to do better in real life :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah, yup sobrang fan talaga ako! :D Yup, I have a lot of characters I look up to, but Agent Carter is one of the best in my life right now LOL :) She inspired me to be strong and become a better person :D

      Delete
  13. I didn't know her until you mentioned "love interest of captain america". hehe I'm not really into attending meet and greet but I'm sure you'll have a blast meeting one of your role models. Congrats, sis and have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis! I'll be posting some pics here in the blog too :D

      Delete
  14. Never been to APCC, but I'm a watcher of Agent Carter (well, not that regularly). No wonder why Hayley looked familiar to me since then.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have yet, to attend a Comicon. My daughter had gone a fee times in phoenix and Los Angeles. She enjoyed it. Stan Lee was at that one. Great to hear about AsiaComicon that's awesome. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Blog List