Cosplay | Real Life Occupations of Manila Cosplayers (APCC Manila 2016)

12:23 AM

Some AsiaPOP Comicon (APCC) 2016 cosplayers showed us that anybody can cosplay by revealing their occupations/professions. And we loved the results! :D  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Even if cosplay is a bit mainstream nowadays, there are still those who see us cosplayers as immature and who don’t grow up because we dress up like our favorite characters. They see us as people who waste money on cosplay and don’t think about the future.

In truth, we cosplayers are just your ordinary citizens who wake up in the morning or evening to either study or work. What people don’t know is behind the costumes, we are students, freelancers, and employees who still go through all the everyday things in life. When the cosplay event is over and reality sets in, we bring our focus back on our studies, our occupations, and our futures.

At the AsiaPOP Comicon Manila (APCC) 2016, Marc and I went around and asked cosplayers to write down their real life occupations. And we were amazed by what they revealed. Behind all those beautiful, colorful, and awesome cosplays are ordinary people who are either studying for their future or working to make a living. Below are teaser photos of those cosplayers:





To see all the real life occupations of the APCC Manila cosplayers, watch the compilation video that we did below:


This shows that no matter what a person does in life, anybody can be a cosplayer. All of us do our best to portray our favorite characters well, which is our way of giving tribute to them. Being a cosplayer is no joke at all. :)

So, when you see cosplayers anywhere, remember that they are also like you---people who go through everyday life.  

It was interesting to see these cosplayers' real life occupations. Let me know your thoughts about what you have read and watched above by leaving a comment below. You can also talk to me on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram.


~ Hainrihi

#apccph2016 #cosplayers #cosplay #reallifeoccupations #asiapopcomicon2016 

You Might Also Like

23 comments

  1. I really don't understand cosplaying but I find them fascinating! This is a different, but nice take on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really want to show people that cosplayers are normal people too :D

      Delete
  2. Well you're right about how a lot of people see and think of cosplayers. I think it's time to let others know that cosplayers are also normal people who do normal day-to-day stuff. I adore and love this post! keep cosplaying bes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have experienced that kind of treatment too, which is the reason why my bf and I did this. I am happy that you liked our project :D

      Delete
  3. This is so fun! Love seeing both sides of people!
    http://beyondblessedblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the first time I discovered your blog! I love that it's all about cosplay. It really is a niche that people are passionate about. It's also something I wanna try for myself -- Sakura of Naruto for instance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3 Yes cosplay is really something that I really love and am passionate about! :D And I would like to show that through my blog :D

      Delete
    2. Why don't you try cosplaying Sakura? You can go for her simple look first if you are thinking of the budget. If you want to try to cosplay, I can help you with is and where to get some stuff. Just pm or email me, I would be happy to help :D

      Delete
  5. What an awesome idea! You have a very creative mind! You should ask them a little bit about themselves too next time, find an emotional story about their life. I like reading about people. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Thanks for the idea, I would love that too! MY boyfriend and I are thinking of other future projects for cosplay/cosplayers and this is a good idea. I would love to do that. THANK YOU :D

      Delete
  6. Awesome! I love reading about the other side of people hehe. Like bloggers too! Maybe you should write a post about what full time jobs other bloggers have hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Johna! Yes that is a good idea, so people will know that bloggers have other lives as well XD It's not easy being a blogger too, you know :D

      Thanks for this and I will take note of this :D

      Delete
  7. I am amazed whenever I see cosplayers in malls -super in character sila, not only with the props but more so, the way they project. Sobrang astig lng. Whenever I look at cosplayers, I would always see people with so much passion for their craft :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for saying that Arianne. I super appreciate it! :D I want people to know how dedicated cosplayers are with their passion while, at the same time, see them as normal people who have jobs or go through everyday life :) Thank you again :D

      Delete
  8. I totally agree that anyone can be a cosplayer. Would you believe that I also cosplay before and also do costrip? For cosplay, I buy costumes from Japan since there weren't a lot of people who accept service for costume making and prop making. No one, of course, wanted to look lame in portraying a character. Go all out or go home. Well, this doesn't apply to those who intentionally doesn't make it close to the original to attract people and to make people laugh. -Me-An Clemente of http://yogoandcream.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waaaahhh really? I want to see your cosplays :D Yes that is true. Hindi pwede yung "pwede na yan" kaya cosplayers, nagpupuyat sila just to get the costumes done. For me, I really make it a point to watch the movie, anime, or TV series before cosplaying para mas ma feel ko ang character ko hehe :D

      Ah those who cosplay just to attract people, that is really different. But for those who really cosplay for the love of the character and fandom, they are really dedicated to their craft.

      Oh just a trivia, Philippines got all the major prizes in a big cosplay contest in Singapore recently :D

      Delete
  9. Being a cosplayer reveal the other side story of your life. Let's say, your other personality :) . It is passion and I truly believe to those who joined in this kind of gathering or activity here and abroad because of your time spent, patience, planning and most importantly on how to execute the character that your are representing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Oscar for saying this, I appreciate it. :D People don't know it but cosplaying is no joke. We also make an effort to do this. We don't just pick and costume and wear it hehehe. Thank you again for this :D

      Delete
  10. I have friends who are into cosplay and I super love their DIY costumes. I also admire them because they are so creative.

    Mhaan | www.mommyrockininstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also have an experience in cosplaying but just once :) IT IS FUN! I hope I can do cosplaying again :)) It's waking up the child in me and I love the dressing up part too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope you get back to cosplaying because they are really fun! Yes it brings out the young aspect in us :D

      Delete

Popular Posts

My Blog List