Geek React | “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” Trailer #2 and Posters

6:19 PM

In less than two months, Marc and I will be watching another Star Wars movie. Nope, it’s not Episode VIII.  Rather, it’s “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story”, which is one of the spin-offs that will narrate different stories about the Star Wars universe.

The premise of “Rogue One”: After the formation of the Galactic Empire in “Episode III: Revenge of the Sith”, the Rebel Alliance recruits Jyn Erso (Felicity Jones) to work with Cassian Andor (Diego Luna) and a team of rebel soldiers to steal the Death Star plans.

When we watched “Episode IV: A New Hope”, the stealing of the plans was only described in the opening crawl and in mentions by some characters. However, no one knew what actually happened during the stealing---until “Rogue One” came.

On December, we will finally find out how the Death Star plans were stolen by these rebel soldiers, led by Jyn and Cassian. We get to see the details before, during, and after the stealing, as well as the exact stories of the characters involved.


I just saw the first trailer and it made me giddy with excitement because 1) The lead is a woman and 2) This is a new story that we never thought would be told on the big screen! I thought the trailer and some photos were enough to fill my Star Wars cravings. But when the second trailer came out on October 14, my body wasn’t ready!



Did you see that? I literally had goosebumps watching the trailer! It definitely had more action than the last one and it gave more details about the story---like that about Jyn’s father being involved in the building of the Death Star. They focused on the team of rebel soldiers and their determination to complete the mission.

One thing I loved about the latest trailer is seeing Jyn Erso getting emotional about his father and her mission. I didn’t see this side of Jyn in the first trailer and in the photos because she was portrayed with a cold and hard expression.

Now, you see her telling Cassian that she needs to find her father and reminding the rebel soldiers that there is hope because “Rebellions are built on hope”---then you see the team agreeing and smiling. Oh dear, I teared up a bit on that part because not only is hope a big theme in the Star Wars universe, but it also reminded me of my childhood love for this fandom. It was an overwhelming feeling of happiness, goosebumps, excitement, and curiosity that I also felt when I saw the trailer of “Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens” last year.

I am emphasizing it more: I am really excited for “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story”. Star Wars fans will finally learn everything about the rebel mission that helped saved people in “A New Hope”. I can’t wait for December 16, 2016!

But while that date isn’t here, fans can have their fill of Star Wars with the trailer AND the latest character posters:

Jyn Erso. A checkered past. A greater cause.

Cassian Andor. An intelligence officer for the Rebel Alliance.

Chirrut Îmwe. A warrior monk with faith in the Force.

Baze Malbus. Soldier. Friend. 

Bodhi Rook. Former Imperial pilot who's seen the light.

K-2SO. Reprogrammed to fight the Empire that made him.

Saw Gerrera. Resolved to win the fight against the Empire.

Director Orson Krennic. Cruel. Brilliant. Obsessed.

#RogueOne #StarWars #RogueOneAStarWarsStory #movietrailer



~Hainrihi

Have you seen the trailer of “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story”? What did you think about it? Let me know in the comments below. You can also reach me via FacebookTwitter, or Instagram.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

My Blog List