Personal | Hiatus: Recharging and Wedding

7:16 PM

Yay! I’m back! :D

It has been a really long time since I blogged and I’m happy to be back. It may have been long, but I feel the hiatus was what I needed to recharge from everything---blogging, personal life, work, and extracurricular activities. However, the main reason for the hiatus is Marc and I were planning our wedding.


GEEK-THEMED WEDDING

After 13 years of being boyfriend and girlfriend, we finally tied the knot!












We planned the wedding for one year and 2 months, which explains why I only posted a few entries. While we had our pop culture media events, I posted them more on the Manilascope Pop Culture section instead of in my blog. My last entry was the BatCon Third Year anniversary, which I felt really deserved a blog entry.

So, of course, we had to focus on our geek-themed wedding. Yup, our wedding theme is geek and we incorporated a lot of our personalities in this big event. But, I’ll be doing some separate posts about that because I want to share some insights, references, and tips about geek weddings. For now, let the photos above serve as a preview of our memorable and fun wedding. :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
STARTING TO BELIEVE IN MYSELF

Apart from the wedding, the blog hiatus was also a way for me to recharge and think on what I need to do with my life (so deep but, yeah, that’s how I want to say it). Before we did wedding planning, I was lost and I didn’t know where I was going. I didn’t have a direction and I have no idea what I plan to do with my career. While I was positive that I’ll be spending the rest of my life with Marc, I wasn’t sure what to do with the rest of my life. As I said, I was (totally) lost, I didn’t have confidence with myself, and I had low self-esteem.

I consider the wedding planning as blessing in disguise (even though there were times I was stressed) because they helped me reflect on some things about my life. I learned time management and organization, while dealing with stress and pressure. And while I still crammed a week before the wedding, it dawned on me how much Marc and I have done in our one year of wedding planning.

At the same time, the wedding itself was the one thing that I REALLY, REALLY needed in my life. Since it was our wedding, Marc and I can do anything we want and no one can stop us. Marc wore a suit that he wanted (a Marsala suit to be exact) and I designed my wedding gown to my heart’s content. At that moment, we didn’t care what others will say---we dressed to the nines!

Marc was very handsome and dashing in his red suit, something that I wished I saw in person when we were doing our preps shoot. Just look at the photos below:



As for me, I felt confident, fierce, and beautiful in my customized wedding dress, which was in haltered style and showed a bit skin. The reception dress also had a slit on it and I wore Keds. In addition, I accessorized it with a Wonder Woman armband and Wonder Woman earrings.



I believe our outfits helped make us look great at the wedding. But for me, I believe our outfits and the whole event helped me as a person.

I can’t explain how, but all I can say is that after the wedding, I feel more confident, I have belief in myself, and have higher self-esteem. Somehow, there was a part of me that said, “Marc and I planned a big event, a big wedding---I can do anything now! :D” For some people it’s nothing. But was a big deal for me. Suddenly, without me forcing it, I feel different and gained a more positive attitude than before. I also feel beautiful inside and out. And lastly, I realized that nobody can stop me in doing what I want. It was the recharge that I needed in my life and now I’m really, really happy that our wedding happened.

Having this newfound confidence made me know what I truly want to do in the future and nothing can hinder me from achieving my life goals. In addition, I’m glad that I have a loving and supporting husband who encourages me to chase my dreams. So I guess, nothing can stop me now. :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WHAT TO EXPECT

Now that all has been said, what can you expect from this blog and other things from me? Well, here are just some that you can look forward to:

- Artsy Rabbit: This is my other blog that has to do with arts and crafts, journaling, planning, and the like. However, I decided that I’ll  focus more on the social media aspect of Artsy Rabbit and post entries once in awhile. So, you’ll be seeing me more on Artsy Rabbit’s Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.


- Hainrihi’s Discoveries - One thing is for sure: you can expect more posts in the geekery and lifestyle categories. Those are my main blog niches, so it will be easier for me on what to write. And since I’ll be attending events both as an attendee and a media person, expect some coverage on pop culture events. Also, more movie reviews, geek news, and the like here. Follow Hainrihi’s Discoveries Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter.


- Attending workshops, seminars, and training programs to improve my skills in blogging, online promotion, communication, leadership, and vlogging.


- Speaking of vlogging, I’ll start doing that more often on both Artsy Rabbit and Hainrihi’s Discoveries.


- Going back to writing and creating more outputs.

These are what you can expect for now. More will be added as the months go by. I am not as big of a blogger as others out there. But I can assure you that I will be providing true, authentic, and relevant content on topics that I love.

Readers and followers, thank you for sticking around with me despite my hiatus.


Love lots,

~Hainrihi

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

My Blog List