Half a year has passed and....

1:26 PM


July is coming to an end, while August is coming in. Half a year has passed and, somehow, I feel not good about it as well as not satisfied with my life...yet. Aside from resigning from a tiring job, and getting a new one after around 2 months, nothing BIG has happened yet that would at least satisfy me.


Don't get me wrong! I am glad to have resigned from my previous job and am very happy with my new one now as it gives me a different view in life as well as explore about the world of violence and peace. It's just that there is something in me that feels there is missing and is looking for something that would feel that my life is something this year.

You see, almost every year since I graduated from high school was a very eventful year that shaped my life into what I am now. To mention a few, 2001 was when I learned what course I want that is far from what I decided in high school. 2003 was the year I stopped schooling for a semester because of financial constraints, and made me realize the value of education in life. 2004, I entered a new college and fully realized what I want to do in life---which is to write. 2005, I met the love of my life, my Loves, who helped me into becoming a better person---and we are still going strong :) 2008 is the year I graduated, met up with my old HS friends that I have not seen for a very LONG time, and got my first job as a Program Researcher in a major TV network. And lastly, 2009 was a year that I struggled--A LOT. This is where I experienced what most call "quarter-life crisis", where I didn't know where to go, what I would do in life, struggled in my relationships with families, friends and only love, and felt so helpless in the real world that I was not prepared to face in the first place. I can say 2009 was my most eventful and struggling year in my life.


Maybe it's too early to tell, or after the eventful years that I had, I was not used to having a bit of a quiet first half of 2010---so maybe I'm looking for something BIG this year. But this does not mean that quiet first half was bad---in fact, it was actually good. After the "quarter-life crisis" last year, I am slowly recovering from it and, little by little, I am forming my goals in life, solving conflicts in my relationships and got into a foot accident that made me realize to be fully aware of things around me. It wasn't a bad first half of the year, but still makes me looking for more. I still cannot say what would happen in the last half of 2010, but I am looking forward to that. I have a good feeling the eventful part of 2010 will come soon, and I wouldn't miss it for anything.

Yes, I may feel a bit unsatisfied for now about this year. But I know that will be fulfilled in time. I guess there's just no need to hurry :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

My Blog List