Birthday-related Post + Busy Week

3:51 AM

Finally able to post again!

These past weeks have been so busy because of work, cosplay, freelance, personal stuff and, haha, my birthday. Unfortunately, things stacked up and I have many things to finish or do up until now and I’ve been busy doing that. My “things to do” have been lessened but I will still be full in the next weeks. So hopefully, by the first week of November, my hands are a bit free. XD

Anyway, before anything else, I would like to take this opportunity to just say that I had a wonderful birthday week last September.  I spent it with friends and my other half and both had a great time with them. :D

On my actual birthday, I decided to try the birthday promo in Vikings Restaurant in SM Marikina and my boyfriend, Marc and I had my birthday dinner there.  It has been a long time since I ate in Vikings (like 2 years ago) so I was looking forward to eating there.

Click on the image to know more.
Well, since I have a small stomach, I did not eat much before dinner and it was a good idea because I made the most out of the buffet. Despite my food being free because it’s my birthday, I wanted to try most of the food there. 



Also, as part of the birthday promo, I was given this small cake with a candle from Vikings. I just bought the cake home and ate it there (and blew the candle with Marc).


All in all, it was a great birthday dinner and spending it with my boyfriend just made my birthday happy and memorable. J


Another birthday celebration I had was with my cosplay barkada in my birthday weekend. It was also the time that I bought my birthday gift to myself: my Holy Grail of Toushiro figures, Megahouse GEM Series Toushiro Hitsugaya.


I bought it in Greattoys Online (GTO) Greenhills, but I already had it reserved before getting it. I was also happy to know that GTO was on sale and I got Toushiro at a discounted price. After that, I met up with friends and treated them in KFC.

I also got the greatest gift from them: a new Sony Cybershot DSC W710 digital camera.  I did not expect this gift so it was really surprise to me.  Apparently, they contributed on the camera and I was super touched by what they did. I was so happy they made my birthday memorable and enjoyable. Now I can take more pictures for this blog as well as take photos and videos of events J


So yeah, that was what happened in my birthday week and I consider it one of my best birthdays, thanks to my lovable boyfriend and cosplay friends.
J


As I mentioned awhile ago, I was also busy with work, freelance and cosplay.  Marc and I were doing his cosplay plan and making sure everything was complete in time for Cosplay Mania 2013---which was held last October 5-6, 2013. The one assigned to me was styling his wig because I had to make the ponytail part thicker since his character, Jiraiya, has thick ponytail hair. I was able to make it a BIT thicker but I needed more wig wefts and a whole white long wig for it to make it thicker than normal. Since wig styling is still new to me and am on the trial and error stage, I still have to improve the Jiraiya wig. Hopefully, next year, when we plan to have a  photoshoot, I can make it better.

Here are some pics of the WIP (work-in-progress) of the wig. 

Without hair extensions
With hair extensions sewn to the wig
It took me a long time to sew the wefts but at least I know better now and hopefully, when I improve the Jiraiya wig, it will be much better. 


------------------------

10/28/2013 UPDATE: I got sick for one week and needed to have bed rest in order for me to recover. I’m okay now, though I still have a lot of mouth sores. Hopefully, everything will be back to normal soon.

------------------------

Anyway, that’s all I can update for now. I will be doing a mini post on Cosplay Mania 2013 and what we did there. Also hopefully, I’ll be able to blog more. J


~Hainrihi

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

My Blog List