Personal Post | Update on Long Hiatus

10:12 PM


After two months of suddenly disappearing from my blog, I am back. I owe my dear readers some explanation. I have been a bit active in my Facebook page, but I believe that is not enough. I’ll make this blog update short so we can go back to regular programming hehe XD

December was a busy month because  of get-togethers with friends and family and catching up with work at the office. I was also doing some freelance writing. A lot of things kept me busy that I was way behind with my blogging and non-work writing. I promised myself that I will go back to blogging after Christmas and New Year. I just posted a short New Year’s blog before 2014 came to an end.


I was about to blog last January when my left wrist started becoming uncomfortable. It became numb and I felt some tingling and prickling. I didn’t mind and just let it go. But it became worse and soon, my right wrist started feeling the same way. I had both of my hands checked by an orthopedic doctor and found out I have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.

For those who do not know, below is the definition of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:


Carpal tunnel syndrome is a hand and arm condition that causes numbness, tingling and other symptoms. Carpal tunnel syndrome is caused by a pinched nerve in your wrist.

A number of factors can contribute to carpal tunnel syndrome, including the anatomy of your wrist, certain underlying health problems and possibly patterns of hand use.

Bound by bones and ligaments, the carpal tunnel is a narrow passageway located on the palm side of your wrist. This tunnel protects a main nerve to your hand and the nine tendons that bend your fingers.

Compression of the nerve produces the numbness, tingling and, eventually, hand weakness that characterize carpal tunnel syndrome.

Fortunately, for most people who develop carpal tunnel syndrome, proper treatment usually can relieve the tingling and numbness and restore wrist and hand function.

It was difficult to take all of these in because because I write for a living. Though I also concluded that writing too much is the reason why I got Carpal Tunnel. I write three  1000 to 3000-word articles/orders for 5 days a week plus I have freelance writing and blogging. So it is no surprise I got this condition.

Following the doctor’s orders, I have to rest my hands for one month, drink the prescribed medicines, dip my hands in hot water for 30 minutes, wear gloves in my cold office, and wear these wrist braces:

Left Wrist

Right Wrist

To make my wrists better, I lessened my writing. Since I can’t be absent at work for one month, I only wrote 1-2 articles per day and have to rest my hands in between writing. I took a leave from my freelance writing for a month. I also didn’t blog for a month. Plus, I learned to type using the home keys instead of “smashing” the keyboard, hahaha XD I missed writing a lot (my job is a different matter, though), but I used my break to fix on other stuff.

The one month rest was not as unproductive as I thought it would be. For one thing, I was able to catch up with my reading and formed my first ever 52-week book challenge. In relation to that, I already thought about what path Hainrihi’s Thoughts will take.  I was also able to organize some stuff in my life and fixed them for another month to make things neat and organized. And here we are, my first 2015 personal post.

Thus, I would like to thank my readers and followers for being patient with me these past months. I didn’t like that I was refrained from blogging due to my condition. At the moment, my wrists are doing okay, especially on my right side. But I still have to continue wearing the braces, especially when it hurts, so my carpal tunnel would not worsen.

Hopefully, I’ll be updating my blog more. I have some late posts that I want to post soon. Again, thank you very much for being patient. I truly appreciate it. :D



~Hainrihi

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

My Blog List