Geek News | Warner Brothers Wins Over SDCC 2018 #WBSDCC

2:00 AM


Warner Brothers and the DC Universe took over San Diego Comic Con (SDCC) 2018 this weekend, thanks to the TV and movie trailers that they presented in their respective panels. It was a great day for geeks as movie trailers for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, Godzilla: King of the Monsters, Shazam, and Aquaman were released. In addition, trailers for the DC CW TV shows Arrow, The Flash, DC Legends of Tomorrow, and Supergirl were also presented.

In terms of the movie trailers, I really didn’t sleep until I saw all four of them and I was geeking out the whole early morning (time here in the Philippines)! Below are the trailers:

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald


The Potterhead in me is very happy. I really waited for this movie, so seeing this SDCC trailer is something. I have always been curious about the past of the Harry Potter world, especially the time when Albus Dumbledore was still young. Then, I found out that he became a Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher! Gaaaahhh I can’t wait to watch Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald this November! :D


Godzilla: King of the Monsters


To be honest, I totally forgot about the Monster Universe---until I saw this trailer. I remembered about that at the end part of Kong: Skull Island. What I loved about the trailer is it covered the other Titans. I’m also curious about the Monster Universe, so I would love to see this movie :)


Shazam


I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THE TRAILER---ESPECIALLY ZACHARY LEVI! I have been a HUGE fan of Zachary since his Chuck days. He did the “teenager in a man’s body” persona very well and I’m really digging it! Plus, the trailer is light and fun---something that is fresh and new for the DC Universe in the movies. This is one movie that I will definitely see in theaters next year. :D


Aquaman


FINALLY! I have also been waiting for the Aquaman trailer and IT IS AWESOME! Jason Momoa is great as Arthur Curry. Even though this is set after the events of Justice League, it is still an origins story that tells about Arthur’s struggle on his heritage and his destiny. I’m excited for December to come!

The DC CW TV shows won’t be left behind and the trailers are just as great as the movies.

Arrow


Now that Oliver Queen is in prison, everything is going to be different. Five months have passed and vigilantes are not allowed anymore. But there’s a new one in the city though and no one knows who it is. Arrow Season 7 premieres on October 15th.


The Flash


The Flash Season 5 trailer is my favorite amongst the four shows because of its plot: Barry and Iris’ daughter, Nora! It is definitely an interesting twist that will really change the lives of The Flash team this season. Can’t wait to see what season 5 has in store for the fans. The Flash Season 5 premieres on October 9th.


DC Legends of Tomorrow


Magical creatures are the center of Season 4 of DC Legends of Tomorrow. And we’ll be seeing more of John Constantine here! DC Legends of Tomorrow comes back on October 22nd.


Supergirl


New costume, new characters, and a new story! So far, Supergirl has been my favorite DC TV Show next to The Flash. While there is no new footage, the new costume and new character is something to look forward to. Supergirl season 4 is coming back this October 14th.

I am very excited for the movies and TV shows for this year and next year, especially those from the DC Universe! It’s going to be a great 2018 and 2019 for us geeks!


~Hainrihi

Have you seen the movie and TV trailers of Warner Bros Pictures? Are you excited for them? Let me know in the comments below. You can also reach me via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

My Blog List