Geek News | Too Much Geekiness in One Week (And I’m not Complaining) | Part 2

11:39 PM


Here is part two of my Geek News this week. As I said in my previous post, this week was full of geekiness that I still can’t move on from it.

Who You Gonna Call? Ghostbusters!

I believe this year is all about nostalgia because almost all of the 2016 movies remind me of my childhood. Apart from X-Men, Ghostbusters was also part of my childhood, thus it has a special place in my geeky heart. When I learned a Ghostbusters reboot is coming, I was very happy. I became more excited when I found out that the movie will be lead by females. While most people hated that idea, I was very happy because, finally, female leads. Female leads who are bad-ass, strong, and independent---my cup of tea. :D


Just recently, they came out with not just one, but two trailers. Well, they are basically the same. See, the first trailer received mixed reactions and backlash from people because they saw it as a bit racist due to Leslie Jones’ character. If you are curious as to what I mean, read Hypable’s article. Below is the first trailer:


I guess the people behind the movie heard the fans’ reactions, as they edited the trailer. They came out with a different version early this week, showing all four female leads having equal footing. It also introduced Chris Hemsworth’s character, Kevin, with more footage of him. Watch the new version below:


Personally, I like both trailers. In fact, the moment I heard the iconic theme/music in the background, I got goosebumps! OMG, I’ll be watching another Ghostbusters movie and it will bring me back to my childhood! Nevermind the haters who do not like women hunting for ghosts. This movie is going to be epic!


First Look at Supergirl/The Flash Crossover

Let’s now head to the DC superheroes of both movie and TV. For TV, the trending today is the much-awaited Supergirl/The Flash crossover episode in Supergirl this coming March 28. CBS has released a promotional art featuring the two heroes:


What makes this promotional art interesting is it was a recreation of the Superman #199 cover from 1967. This vintage cover featured a race between Superman and The Flash, which is seen below:


I am excited for this episode because some of my favorite TV superheroes are teaming up to fight evil. For sure, many fans have been waiting for this, since both The Flash and Supergirl have the same writer. I have always been fascinated with TV crossovers because it shows that, one way or another, they are connected with each other. Since Flash is already familiar with travelling to alternate universes, this might be a way for him to end up in Supergirl’s world. I am also curious as to how the story will go. March 28 is just two weeks away and I cannot wait to watch this special crossover.

Batman vs. Superman + Wonder Woman

Last, but definitely not the least, is Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. This is one of the most anticipated DC movies of 2016 because, finally, a movie featuring more than one superhero is being made. Oh, and if I am correct, this is the start of the many DC movies that will be released in the next years. This is also the start of the much-awaited Justice League.

Everyone has different reasons why they are excited for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. There are those who want to see Superman or Batman again, while others want to know what will happen in the fight between the two. My boyfriend is excited to see the fight AND Batman. Yes, he is a Batman fan hehe.










I, on the other hand, have another reason why I am excited for this movie. While I am also curious as to what will happen in the fight, I am more excited to see Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman! Gal Gadot is one of my favorite actresses, while Wonder Woman is my favorite DC superhero ever since I was a kid. Even if my love for her went on a long hiatus, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice rekindled that love.











Contrary to what most people are saying, I think Gal Gadot is perfect for the role of Wonder Woman. One factor that made me love her more is she wants to play fierce and independent female characters in movies. True enough, she is doing that with Wonder Woman. I know Gadot will portray Wonder Woman well and I can’t wait to see her in action.

And speaking of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Marc and I passed by SM The Block yesterday and saw the concluded media launch of the movie. Took some few pictures of the displays, cosplayers, and the Batmobile:




With our friends Kuya Glenn and his girlfriend,
cosplaying as Nightwing and Supergirl respectively 

I want the Wonder Woman bracelets!

Our haul after event. Bf and I plan to wear these shirts when we watch
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice


This week made me realize that, indeed, 2016 is going to be a geeky year. So many superhero and fandom movies coming out, that I feel I have to list them down. XD I am really looking forward to watching great movies and TV shows in the next months. :D

How about you? Was your week full of geekiness too? What kind of geekiness are you looking forward this year? Tell them in the comments below or on my social media accounts :)



~Hainrhi

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

My Blog List