Geek News | Too Much Geekiness in One Week (And I’m not Complaining) | Part 1

7:48 PM


I have been so busy at work the past weeks that I don’t have time to blog anymore. However, I make up for it by updating my Facebook page. Since I write for a living, I get so tired the whole week that I don’t have the energy to write anymore. It’s also possible that I have a writer’s block or it is hard to think of a topic to write. But finally, this week came and I couldn’t be happier.

This week was full of geekiness! :D

I still can’t move on with all the geekiness that happened the past days and it is making me giddy with happiness. Everywhere you look, superhero/hero movies are releasing their promotional materials, such as trailers, posters, and arts.


X-Men New Posters

Two new X-Men: Apocalypse posters were released, which showed the main villains and heroes of the movie.


The first poster features Apocalypse with his Four Horsemen, Magneto, Psylocke, Storm, and Archangel and the word “Destroy” seen below. Apocalypse is the main villain of the film and is known as the first mutant, and an immortal one, who is out to cleanse mankind and create a new world order, over which he will reign. He is set out to destroy the world, with the Four Horsemen following his orders.


The second poster consists of our heroes, led by the young Professor Charles Xavier and has the word “Defend” below the poster. The professor gathers a team of young mutants, which includes Nightcrawler, Jean Grey, Cyclops, Quicksilver, Beast, and Mystique. They are ready to take a stand and defend the earth from the evil Apocalypse.

Seeing these two posters got me really excited. X-Men has a special place in my heart, as it is one of my favorite cartoons when I was a child. I also watched every X-Men movie, whether they are bad or good. For sure, X-Men: Apocalypse is something I will look forward this year.  



Captain America: Civil War Posters and Official Trailer #2

This year is about superhero movies, but not the ones that we are used to. Both Marvel and DC are releasing movies where heroes fight each other because of their beliefs and principles. One of those movies is Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War. The studio came out with three promotional materials that left everyone excited, including myself.

First are the posters for #TeamCap, where the characters are on the left side of the poster:

Steve Rogers aka Captain America

Bucky Barnes aka Winter Soldier

Sam Wilson aka Falcon

Clint Barton aka Hawkeye

Wanda Maximoff aka Scarlet Witch

Scott Lang aka Ant-Man

Second, Marvel came out with #TeamIronMan posters, with the heroes positioned on the right side:

Tony Stark aka Iron Man

James Rhodes aka War Machine

Natasha Romanov aka Black Widow

Vision

Black Panther

It was cool to put the #TeamCap and #TeamIronMan posters side by side, and facing each other. This just shows that the “versus theme” in this movie is going to be emphasized.


As if that was not enough, the official second trailer came out right after the posters were released---AND IT WAS AWESOME. The trailer showed the deep rift between Captain America and Iron Man.


But the best part is SPIDERMAN CAME OUT! Everyone went crazy. I saw some GIFs all over the internet that pretty much sums up our reaction when Spidey came out.  


I had fangasm when I saw the trailer and watching it again only increased my excitement. And since I am not familiar with the comics, I am looking forward to seeing what will happen in Captain America: Civil War. No one should miss seeing this movie. :D

This concludes the first part of my Geek News this week. I don’t want to bore you with a super long post, so I divided it into two parts. I’ll be posting the second part soon, so check back here.

Let me know what you think about this post in the comments below or in my social media accounts.


~Hainrihi

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

My Blog List