Blogger Event | Three’s a Charm for Me at the Blogapalooza Horizons 2.0

12:01 AM

I always believed that good things come in three and it didn’t fail me in the recent Blogapalooza event. This is the third time I attended it and I definitely had a good experience.


Blogapalooza Horizons 2.0 was held in Novotel Manila Araneta Center, Cubao at the 6th floor garden near the swimming pool. When I heard from social media that the booths were outside, while the talks are inside the tent, I thought it best to arrive after lunch.

Well, it was a good thing that we did. When we arrived at past two in the afternoon, the sun was not that hot anymore (though we were still sweating), so it was a good time check what the sponsors had to offer.


Booths

The great thing about Blogapalooza Horizons 2.0 is I looked around the booths with blogger friends without worrying about the space, time, or anything else.








    







Last Blogapalooza 2015, I met Cheryl, Diane, and Peng for the first time, so we’re just getting to know each other. Apart from that, the venue was so cramped and there was no internet signal, so we were kind of stressed. On the first Blogapalooza 2016 last May, I arrived late because I was in the night shift. The others left early, so I was not able to chat with longer. We also didn’t even have a photo together! :(

For this November’s Blogapalooza, everything was just right. We saw Peng, Diane, and Stephen in the registration area and introduced them to Marge, one of my officemates who is a newbie blogger. While it was a bit hot, we still had fun looking around and joining the games of the sponsors. It was more enjoyable to do the activities and other events of the booths because did it with my fellow bloggers.





Photo by Peng

Some of the brands that we visited included:

Philippine Airlines
San Mig Food Ave
Skin Station
Victoria Court
Chemworld
MyOffice
Krispy Kreme
TAG Media
Eurotel
Mig.Me
Pangalan.com
Shapecloud 3D Printing
ATC Healthcare
PMCM Events Management
Amada’s Leche Flan & Desserts
Alfox Printing Services
Habitat for Humanity Philippines
GoMoto

I won a full-sized perfume from Chemworld, a fan from GoMoto, a free trial and organic products from MyOffice, lifetime discount card from Eurotel and Icon Hotel, keychain from Alfox Printing Services, and two tickets to Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them from PMCM Events Management. Also got some wonderful freebies.




The 4th Players Improv Performance

After completing most of the booths, we entered the tent to listen to the talks. We were lucky to find empty seats, so we can rest our tired bodies. Actually, we came just when The 4th Players Improv, a comedy improvisation group, did a performance.




Needless to say, everyone in the tent was laughing out loud because the group was doing funny improvised performances based on the suggestions of the audience.


A photo posted by Blogapalooza Inc. (@blogapaloozaph) on

Blogapalooza did a great job getting this group because it can be tiring to go around the booths outside or to listen to the talks. After their performance, we had more energy to listen to the panel discussion and watch the big reveal.


Panel Discussion

One of the things that surprised me was bloggers from different provinces came to Manila to attend Blogapalooza Horizons 2.0. I was also wondering why the hashtag is #UnitePH. When the panel discussion came, I realized why.


Blogapalooza invited heads of blogger groups from different provinces, particularly Davao, Cebu, Pangasinan, and Cagayan de Oro. They talked about the situation of the blogging community in the provinces and their differences with Manila bloggers. I really liked this part because Blogapalooza showed everyone that bloggers from Manila and from different provinces could unite.


I was fascinated by the stories that they told us. Some of the bloggers in these groups even existed since 2007 and, now, they’re well-known in their own fields. I am happy that these bloggers made an effort to come to Manila and talk about their experiences to us. They even offered their assistance and hospitality if some us plan to go to their respective provinces. It was great discussion because they gave a lot of useful advice. One of the things I remembered from them that I will always keep in mind is:

“We don’t ask. We also don’t refuse.” – Vanj Padilla


The Big Reveal

After everything is done, Blogapalooza finally revealed their BIG REVEAL! We went to their courtyard, where a big BUZZIN design stood on the stage. And that is actually the big reveal: BUZZIN.


#Buzzin is the Philippines' premier and most trusted influencer marketing partner. It connects both businesses and influencers on a daily basis. It is a search trawler that figures out what you write about, what niche interests you the most, and what your stance is. Then it matchmakes you, bloggers and influencers, with your perfect business partner(s).


This is good news for both bloggers and business because we can all promote each other without waiting for blogger events. For businesses, they can connect with different bloggers in just a few clicks. All of these can be done on a daily basis. I already signed up and I am very excited to see the future of Buzzin. :D




Blogger Friends

After the big reveal, we had the opportunity to meet Lloyd and Me-An, the couple bloggers of Yogo and Cream! Thanks to Peng for introducing them to us. I am such a big fan of these two bloggers and even show their blog to the attendees of my Blogging 101 module at work. :D

Me-An is so quirky and fun to talk to! We also got some advice on how to grow our blogs and make them successful. After all, Yogo and Cream won as the best blog in the Food and Drinks Category at the BlogEx 2016 Awards. I am happy to have met Lloyd and Me-An and hope to see them more in future events.  

Photo by Peng

I really enjoyed going to the recent Blogapalooza event because I spent it with great blogger friends. By this time, most of us know each other and we have the same interest, which is blogging. We all had a great time doing the games and activities, as well as listening to the talks. We also exchanged stories on anything---from blogging to our hobbies. Now, we plan to meet with each other more often. :D

Marge | Me | Diane | Peng


Final Say

Blogapalooza Horizons 2.0 has indeed improved ever since I started attending it in 2015. There were fewer sponsors, but there were also new brands that we loved. I believe this is better, so that both bloggers and businesses can focus on getting to know each other well. After the event, I already have prospect brands that I would love to work with.

Maybe the one thing that I was a bit iffy is the venue. While the outdoor area looks great, I learned there were bloggers who had a hard time going around because of the scorching heat of the sun. I know Blogapalooza wanted to do something different, but going around under the heat is very difficult. We were just lucky not to experience it much because we came in after lunch, so it became a bit windy and less hot.

Overall, the whole event was awesome and I appreciated everything that the organizers did for us bloggers. It was an event where bloggers from NCR, Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao were able to interact and unite. All in all, I am happy to know that everything Blogapalooza does is for the betterment of both bloggers and businesses.

Thank you again, Blogapalooza, for a wonderful event. More power to you! I look forward to next year! :D



~ Hainrihi

Did you attend Blogapalooza Horizons 2.0? Share your thoughts about it in the comments below. You can also reach me via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

My Blog List