Some Typhoon Yolanda-Related Posts in Facebook and Tumblr

10:40 AM


I’d like to take a break from the usual posts that I do because I just want to share this Typhoon Yolanda-related blog entry for my readers. If you want to contribute in helping the victims, I hope this post will be helpful. J

Last November 8 (Friday), supertyphoon “Yolanda” (International name: Haiyan) made a landfall in Eastern Visayas. The aftermath of the typhoon was terrible as it devastated almost the whole Visayas Region---with Samar, Leyte, Tacloban and Cebu getting the most damage.  Almost all structures (if not all) were destroyed, death toll continues to rise with Leyte alone having more than 10,000 estimated deaths, electricity is not back and food and water are very scarce. Due to this, President Benigno Aquino has declared a national state of calamity for faster government rescue and action in the provinces devastated by the world’s strongest typhoon of 2013. 



Thus, it was already expected that donations and help will be given to the victims of Typhoon Yolanda.  We have already seen some organizations and foundations doing their part by helping in the search and rescue and delivering donations to the victims. But what really made me overwhelmed and happy was the various actions that a lot of people were doing to help Visayas. I saw this in social media sites such as Facebook and Tumblr as well as in various blogs that I visit and being shared in social media sites. And I want to share these not only to express my happiness in what they do but so you can also contribute to their causes.

--------------------------------------

FACEBOOK – In just Facebook alone, I saw many of my friends having their own causes so they can help the victims. I also saw many people sharing causes from other people. So here are some of them: 

One of the first causes I saw is from my cosplay idol, Jin Joson. Here is what she and her friends plan to do for the typhoon victims: 


Click on the link to go to her FB page
Then from her page, I saw two more causes that she shared:

A ball-jointed doll raffle to raise funds for the victims of Typhoon Yolanda
Full mechanics: http://stardanced.tumblr.com/post/66663140984

Tuxessories are working on new designs and
profits will go to Typhoon Yolanda victims
https://www.facebook.com/Tuxessories

After that, I saw many more causes. Images and their links are posted below and if you are interested to contribute in any of the causes, just click the link/images. 

From my friend Nikki Joson, who is a great artist.
For more information, click on the image above 

One of my trusted figurine online store will be having an
auction of figurines and proceeds will go to the victims.
For more information, click on the image above. 

UP AME also has their own cause

Here are also some non-cosplay and non-art causes:


My old college is also getting donations

Surf For A Cause

Inspire Couple's Shoot Marathon
More information by clicking on the image
An event organized by one of my friends

--------------------------------------------------

TUMBLR – Another one of the social media sites that is helping the victims is Tumblr. Tumblr itself and other blogs have created donation pools and causes and here are some of them:

By clicking the sun, you will be directed to a page that
contains a list of organizations for your donations.
THANK YOU TUMBLR. :3 

And here are some blogs shared by my friends who created causes to help the typhoon victims: 

Tfund.com T Shirt Fundraising - http://spacegirl19.tumblr.com/post/66922932802
Limited edition prints by Stephen Jorge Espino Segovia being sold at Komikon in aid of Typhoon Yolanda survivors - http://thecomicartblog.com/post/66898490265/limited-edition-prints-by-stephen-jorge-espino
Arevalo & Company's - http://arevalo-co.tumblr.com/post/66890775549/help-us-raise-money-for-the-victims-of-typhoon
Risa Rodil - http://risarodil.tumblr.com/post/66879074096

There are more in Tumblr---just search “Typhoon Yolanda” or “Typhoon Haiyan”.  

So these are just some of the causes I have seen in Facebook and Tumblr. There are many more than those posted here, but this post will be very long if I put them all here. I’m sure you have seen a lot of various causes in your FB walls and Tumblr dashboards---as well as in other social media sites too. So, don’t hesitate to help the victims of Typhoon Yolanda because they badly need help now.:( My friends and I are also planning a donation pool for these victims since Christmas and New Year are near and they will be having a tough time as they try to rise and continue on with life.

And in advance, I would like to say thank you for all the help you gave and plan to give. 




~ Hainrihi

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

My Blog List